1 Corinthians 6:19-20
1 Timothy 4:8
There are plenty dishes out there waiting for us, however when we found out the health benefits of some these favourites, we just had to share them! But please remember, everything in moderation.
5 foods that are surprisingly good for you
- AvocadosPeople are always talking about how avocado is a very fatty food. Yes it is, but it has good fats that should be taken in moderation. Many will just negatively talk about Avocado’s without mentioning that Avocado’s can help absorb the antioxidants that are contained within avocados.
- CoffeeI am personally not a coffee fan and don’t drink it. However all our coffee addicts will love this one! apparently a coffee a day might actually increase your lifespan? Coffee on it’s own is extremely high in antioxidants. Don’t get too caught up in riding the coffee wave because more than one cup a day might cause negative symptoms like increasing your high rate causing anxiety.
- Sweet PotatoWe love carbs! We’ve been taught that potatoes are the devil, however a good sized portion is good for you because these are good carbs known as complex carbs. So next time you’re feeling the craving for carbs, grab yourself a nice chunky sweet potato and bake it. you can replace your normal Maris Piper with white flesh bush-bok sweet potato for your jacket potato and not feel guilty about consuming it, because it’ll actually be good for you!
- ButterI love Butter and let it be know that Grass fed organic non GMO butter is good for you in moderate portions. Real Butter is rich in fat-soluble vitamins and fatty acids. These are surprisingly good health benefits, so don’t be too scared of real butter. However, be scared of the spreads and the like… Stay away!
- Peanut ButterPeanut butter is actually a great source of protein and might actually decrease your risk of coronary heart disease. It all depends on how you use it. Make sure it’s the natural stuff with no added sugar! I remember once when we visited Africa on one of the Mission trips and they made porridge with un-processed peanut butter, what a delight it was. You can also add it to your grits, yummy all around.
So, remember; GOD WANTS US TO TAKE CARE OF OUR BODIES
- God’s blessing of good health begins with our souls
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well” (3 John 1:2).
Image Credit: Istock